[f_minor] Facebook

Houpt, Fred fred.houpt at rbc.com
Tue Jul 13 14:15:45 EDT 2010

I play the piano and have made my way through all of Beethoven's piano
works.  The fugue you speak of is hard to do and a slower speed will not
reduce the impact too much.  The fugue from the Hammerklavier is even
more impossible to wrap the fingers around and as well you can take it
as your fingers can move.  I have lately been playing Rachmaninoff and
if you want knuckle and finger breaking then he's your man.  I so love
his music for the deep heart in his always emotional sounds.  Reminds me
of the depths I hear in Brahms, another great love of mine and equally
as finger destroying.  Both of these guys....their piano concertos are
so hard to play but I enjoy the challenges as you explore the textures
up close.

I am very perplexed why GG did not play Rach.  Has anyone read any
comments attributed to GG about that?  I have also been playing lots of
Faure who is very worth investigating, is often hard to play but the
tunes, the tunes!!!!

I also wanted to remind everyone of the must have web site from which
you can download public domain sheet music at no cost other than the
paper and ink in the printer.  Here is the link:

http://imslp.org/wiki/Main_Page

Fred