[f_minor] Facebook

Anne French afrench6 at cox.net
Tue Jul 13 15:32:14 EDT 2010

Well, I must say I have been on FB for over a year now, and it has
been a great experience so far. Most of my 260 "friends" are serious
musicians, music teachers, professors, artists and dancers. A small
group of about 20 of us just seemed to bond especially well... from
France, Brazil, the US, Germany, the UK, Russia, Israel and other
European countries. And one radio program host in Montreal. With the
help of a computer translator I have become quite proficient at
writing in French. I already knew German. The pianists in the group
are ALL great fans of GG, especially one professor at the Brooklyn
Academy of Music. I have encouraged them to join the f_minor
listserve.  We share videos from YouTube of very good music, and I am
learning a LOT about come composers I didn't know existed. One of my
friends just posted one of GG's recordings of a Hindemith sonata that
I had never heard. ( I'm sure you all have listened to his Hindemith,
but somehow I missed it.)  The only people I do NOT seem to
communicate with are old friends and relatives, since they do not have
my intense interest in music.

So.... the Facebook experience can be whatever you make it. My friends
quickly fit into the music networking or just sort of become inactive
with me. I assure you no one posts stuff like "I went out for a beer
tonight."

All the best,
Anne