[f_minor] Gould Meets Haydn / Streisand

Houpt, Fred fred.houpt at rbc.com
Mon Jul 19 09:22:18 EDT 2010

Barbara the Foghorn?  I'm insulted on her behalf. I happen to adore most
of her recordings, even her Classical music.  Everyone has a certain
timbre to the voice and hers has served her quite well through a long
and fulfilled career.  She does not have the vocal chords of an Operatic
singer but that does not make her a foghorn.  Ethel Merman certainly
sounded like a blaring foghorn but at the time it was acceptable because
it was matched to her thousand watt stage persona.

Tisk, tisk, tisk......such labeling.....

Regards,

Fred Houpt