[f_minor] It's Vivaldi Always Vivaldi

maryellen jensen maryellenjensen28 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 1 18:48:42 EDT 2010

Thanks Karl, I had a terrible feeling I might be wrong...it's back to the library for me: the Wolff and Forkel books are there in English but as I am not a
musician they are damnably difficult to read. I'll give Wolff second try. Can
anyone suggest something else that I may not be aware of? Has this been
covered already in the F Minor Archives? If so, sorry.

DJ Panda, I forgot to mention that I much appreciated your 'review' of the
Peter Ostwald biography. I found it very interesting, astute and well written.
As thanks I offer the following BBC documentary "Vivaldi's Women", it's
not what you might think...it's the story of "Ospedale della Pieta" and it's a
splendid piece of reportage, watch and savour:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYpSTlN9n-w

Mary Jensen