[f_minor] "Island Records"

Kpapademas at aol.com Kpapademas at aol.com
Thu Aug 19 00:08:22 EDT 2010

Pat - the "fact" that some of the tapes are in serious  condition should be
a major cause of alarm for these Canadian National  (and World) Treasures
to be restored/backed up/duplicated for future  generations. Glenn Gould
himself regarded the performances in  the recordings to be valued by the
listener not just for the moment  (as from the live performances), "but forever". I
would like to know if the  Glenn Gould Foundation has a project to help
preserve their namesake's  treasures, in conjunction with the Library of
Canada. This should be a high  priority on their agenda. If this project does
exist, what is the  progress?

Katherine
(Ironically, I had been listening to GG play Gibbons and Byrd  this
afternoon).

In a message dated 8/18/2010 9:06:14 P.M. Central Daylight Time,