[f_minor] GG as fave pianist/movies

pzumst pzumst at bluewin.ch
Sun Sep 19 18:38:57 EDT 2010

Hi Mary and all

GG is mentioned in the Hannibal books by Thomas Harris several times (and just because I read them doesn't mean they are all good btw), so it was only logical to make a reference in the movie.

IMDB lists the GB aria being played by one Jerry Zimmerman on the movie soundrack CD. It might be interesting to check the end credits to see wether they did use a GG recording in the actual movie or not.
(Interesting side note: Orion Pictures, the producers of this movie, went banca rotta shortly after SotL, were bought by MGM, which is now owned by, yes you guessed it, Sony. )

It might be interesting indeed to have a GG-themed movie, either something in the direction of Walk The Line or that Dylan movie or something similar to 32, which is a great movie but somehow failed to grasp the attention of critics and movie goers.

Hey, Sony, how about re-release on DVD or Blu-Ray ? This thing has become a Collector's Item, prices at eBay, prices are so high I could pay my deistist bill with that amount of money...

Pat