[f_minor] "Genius Within: The Inner Life of Glenn Gould" / PBS American M...

Kpapademas at aol.com Kpapademas at aol.com
Tue Dec 28 00:48:38 EST 2010

Hi Bob and all - Bob, looks like you beat me first! It was truly wonderful
to see the entire broadcast of one hour and fifty minutes (I did time it!)
of the American Masters production - more than what was available in  the
original YouTube clips. PBS did advertise where to get the DVD right  after
the program, but I want to make sure that the entire 110 minutes are in  that
DVD.

Their were pictures and video clips that I have not seen before; and more
conversations with Chris Foss. The box of Kleenex was emptied when I saw
the picture of Gould (toward the end) where he showed more than just his "age"
-  he did look ill (and not just the little "extra weight"). He kindly left
his  estate to the Salvation Army and the Toronto Humane Society, but he
left his  music to us.

This will be broadcast again over PBS in the US - so if you live in  the
US, please check your local PBS (like WTTW in Chicago), as they will
rebroadcast this bit of history.

Katherine

In a message dated 12/27/2010 11:18:13 P.M. Central Standard Time,