[f_minor] Urgent Need Genius Within Next PBS Showing

pzumst pzumst at bluewin.ch
Thu Dec 30 09:30:05 EST 2010

By changing your IP. Let me explain that in layman's terms. Your computer has an IP address, similar to a Zip or postal code. If I visit the PBS site I would be refused because my IP clearly identifies me as non-american ("Hey, hang on, that is a swiss IP, I can't let that bloke in !"). No access, no dice, for rights reasons only american IPs are allowed to enter.

But by changing your IP you could get around that by "fooling" the PBS server into thinking that you have a correct IP. It is legal to hide or change your IP for various reasons and there are several ways to skin that cat. Be very careful when googling this though and remember kids, at your own risk ! It is not that difficult, there are several good tutorials out there, but if you do not feel secure I advise you wait for the DVD release. Might include a few bonus interviews, featurettes, outtakes, who knows ? If that thing wins an Oscar you will see it on shelves in a few weeks anyway...
Any further questions in the house ?