[f_minor] Kitty G. / le Carre

maryellen jensen maryellenjensen28 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 14 17:33:57 EDT 2011

Da and da,

I contained my enthusiasm re le Carre but wanted to spill out all over the place just like our bobmerk did. The only thing that has come close to Tinker Tailor and Smiley's People (both of which I still have in VHS) has been Suspect No. 1 starring Helen Mirren: as bare and as brutal and razor sharp as it can be and with as many halls of mirrors as anyone can personally bear. Frankly brilliant and unforgettable and inspired by le Carre. Don't forget to read or reread "Brighton Rock" by G. Greene.

Mary