[f_minor] Scriabin

michael macelletti mmacelletti at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 31 12:16:03 PST 2012

bravo, fred !!!   you have said it perfectly. and your instincts are correct.
don't feel you have to re-listen to scriabin to find what you have been told you
missed. for you have missed nothing.  you won't find much more the second time
around.         don't get me wrong.  mr scriabin offered a breakthrough ( or
continuation ) in the destruction of key, and the chance to play the world's
hardest piece, according to s. richter.  ( the only problem  with the latter is
that now EVERY pianist plays it to deserve that prestige ).    and there are
very impressive clusters of musical color. but the problem is that it's a little
like mickey mouse , the sorcerer.  a lot of impressive motion and noise, but not
much else.------ in the same league with your bach ? nope,  not a chance.