[f_minor] Orlando Gibbons

Stephanie Wright slynnwright83 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 15:10:38 PST 2012

Hi there,

I am very interested in Glenn's favorite composer, Orlando Gibbons. He
claimed he was his favorite, but I cannot find much about his relationship
with the composer and his music. I know there is an essay in the Glenn
Gould Reader compilation, but it is quite short. Glenn only mentions him
here and there in interviews, but does not elaborate upon his interest. Are
there any other sources or explanations about Glenn and his fascination
with Gibbons's music? Or any other essays? I do of course, have the Byrd
and Gibbons album, which is absolutely charming...but there must be more
than this somewhere! Also, if you have not read about Orland Gibbons's
life, it is quite interesting, especially the manner in which he died. The
writeup on Wikipedia is really uncanny.

Thanks,
Stephanie

--