[f_minor] Orlando Gibbons / bring out your dead

Pat pzumst at bluewin.ch
Thu Mar 1 14:16:30 PST 2012

I would also encourage people who are interested in post-elisabethan history and music to read the Diaries of Samuel Pepys. Apart from his rich diaries he also composed music, unfortunetly recordings of these are quite rare.

Pepys lived in the same period as Henry Purcell btw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9Kps6tbfO8

Now back to topic:
We must thank GG for recording works of “obscure” composers, be they contemporary or 17th C. Mind you, before he recorded the GBs that work was rather obscure and only known to experts, yet he managed to make sure that this work would be associated with him, for good or bad.

And while I am here, could someone recommend similar adaptions for piano of elisabethan and jacobean composers to what GG did with Byrd and Gibbons ?

Pat