[f_minor] [f minor] More unreleased GG material coming out

Stephanie Wright slynnwright83 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 20:04:13 MDT 2012

Is there any reason to believe that the complete Bach set might be
available for a limited time? I want to put it on my Christmas list, but I
am afraid that it will be unavailable then.

Stephanie

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 5:19 PM, <Kpapademas at aol.com> wrote:

> **
> Hi Kristian - Dr. Helen Mesaros mentioned in her bio on GG that she
> observed the recordings of the Goldberg Variations as filmed by B.
> Monsaingeon, (she was at awe on Gould's performances). So maybe the out
> takes are in those discs!!
> Katherine
>
>  In a message dated 8/19/2012 4:15:23 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
> destept.kristian at gmail.com writes:
>
> Hi,
>

> I for one am glad to have this list for learning about new releases and
> new books also for that matter. And there has been a lot of new material
> appearing lately! This is a good time to be gould-fanatic and gould-music
> collector.
>
> The Well-Tempered Listener alone makes the new Bach-box worth buying for
> me. (still unconfirmed if it indeed is on the discs though) For a company
> like Sony it would be quite easy to make a search on Google with the
> keywords:"sony glenn gould edition" to render a link to a detailed
> description of the contents. But they have other ways of promoting the box
> apparently... Or?
>
> Regarding the 12 Goldberg-discs I do not have any information on that
> whatsoever, but I would be glad if at least a part of them turned out to be
> out-takes.
>

> /Kristian
>
> On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 9:04 AM, Jörgen Lundmark <
> jorgen.lundmark at mypost.se> wrote:
>
>> Hello Stephanie,
>>
>> I'm glad you and some others did react.
>>
>> I agree that the Bach collection will be worth having. The additional,
>> unreleased video is probably the parts from "The Well-Tempered Listeners"
>> that weren't part of the big box. It includes, among other things, for its
>> time advanced multi-screen experiments with Gould playing a section from a
>> 4-voiced fugue with one hand to each voice. The interview is also worth
>> having.
>>
>> I'm no expert how to promote classical music, but I do think that it
>> should be possible to search the Sony site and find information about
>> coming Gould releases and what is previously unreleased. As it is now you
>> have to piece together the less than accurate listings at different on-line
>> shops. Is that good business on Sony's part I wonder?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Jorgen
>>
>> Jorgen, I thank you so very much for those links. The complete Bach
>>> collection seem to be an extraordinary deal, no? I will probably purchase
>>> it. I am shocked, too, at the lack of eager reactions concerning the Mozart
>>> DVD. It is an absolute treasure. I cannot wait until it arrives in the mail

--
*Please visit my music studio website!
Stephanie Wright's Cape Cod Piano