[f_minor] The GGF needs your help for a Google Doodle

Pat pzumst at bluewin.ch
Sat Sep 1 09:35:44 MDT 2012

Dear all

Looks like the summer is over, September is here. As all know this month will see several celebrations, events, exhibitions, performances, radio features, newspaper articles et cetera in honor of GG’s 80th birthdday (and sadly his passing 30 years ago.)

The Glenn Gould Foundation now has a Twitter* account and has therefore safely arrived in the Here and Now as it were.

And they are asking for our help, never thought I’d see that day. The GGF also thinks it might be a good idea to have a Glenn Gould Google Doodle** for his birthday, but they are asking fans to write a nice mail to the Google Doodle Developer Team and convince them to do so. Here is the tweet:

Glenn Gould Fndn at GlennGouldFndn
Want to see a Gould Google Doodle on Sept 25, the 80th Anniversary? We do too! Email proposals at google.com and tell GGF when you submit!
1:07 PM Aug 29th

and here is the link:
https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=GlennGouldFndn

I would like to encourage you to send a sort of sales pitch mail to these guys. I reckon it doesn’t have to be the lenght of War and Peace, but a few mails with some encouraging arguments would do the trick.

I mave mentioned before that this would be a nice little idea and since so many people from all ways of life have ben drawn to GG’s music and art I reckon this Google Doodle might get him a few more listeners.

Well, now I have to compose a nice lttle AIDA*** mail to the GD Dev team....

Pat
PS Thanks to Kate for mentioning this. I hope you are not mad because I have taken the liberty of posting this info before you did...
*short message service. verb = to tweet
** image that replaces the usual Google logo on certain days or for special events such as the Olympic Games)
*** Attention Interest Desire Action. Old advertising formula