[f_minor] [f minor] Information on the upcoming GG Symposium in Toronto

Jörgen Lundmark jorgen.lundmark at mypost.se
Tue Sep 18 14:19:29 MDT 2012

Hello,

I just received this program for the symposium. Wish I was going -- if
anyone on F minor does I would be very interested in some kind of report
later on.

Regards,
Jorgen

------
PROGRAM

The Glenn Gould Legacy
A free afternoon symposium celebrating Gould's life and legacy

Monday September 24, 2012
1:30 - 4:30 pm
Walter Hall, Faculty of Music, University of Toronto

1:30 p.m.         Tim Page, moderator
Introductory Remarks - "Glenn Gould: Thirty Years On"

1:45 p.m.         James Wright, Carleton University, Ottawa

"Glenn Gould as Cold Warrior: the 1957 tour of the Soviet Union"

2:00 p.m.         Junichi Miyazawa, Aoyama Gakuin University, Tokyo

"Re-Visiting 'Let's Ban Applause!': Glenn Gould's Stratford Festival
Experiment and its Effects on his Media Theory"

2:15 p.m.         Colin Eatock, Toronto
"Glenn Gould and the Modern World"

2:30 p.m.         discussion

2:45-3:15p.m. - coffee break

3:15 p.m.         Lucille Mok, Harvard University, Cambridge MA
"Performers as Educators: Music Lessons with Glenn Gould and Leonard
Bernstein"

3:30 p.m.         David Jaeger, CBC
"Gould, Schoenberg and Information Overload"

3:45 p.m.         Paul Théberge, Carleton University, Ottawa
"'A piano is not a piano, is not a piano': Gould's Gambit on Technology
and Acoustic Space"

4:00 p.m.         Arved Ashby, Ohio State University, Columbus OH

"Gould's Eccentricity in Context: A Pragmatist View of Musical
Interpretation"

4:15 p.m.         discussion