[f_minor] Howard Scott dies age 92

Anita Monroe rubatoatm at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 18:56:07 MDT 2012

By the way, the one person I know who is an expert in classical music is
very ill, in rehab after cancer surgery.   His name is David Schryer.  I
knew him from the days when my first husband and he worked at NASA.
 David's heritage is German.  His father was a piano tuner and expert in
instrument repair.  In his youth before immigrating to the US, he traveled
with several European orchestras.  David sends me collections of various
artists and singers.  His taste is excellent, especially in opera and piano
performances.  His favorite pianist is Weissenberg, a rather low-key fellow
with only a few recordings.  David has them all.

I certainly hope that he survives. He is my oldest friend and the most
knowledgeable person about music that I've ever known.

Best,
Anita