[f_minor] Goldberg Variations live '58 Vancouver ?

Jörgen Lundmark jorgen.lundmark at mypost.se
Mon Feb 11 03:49:06 MST 2013

Hello,

There is no copyright infringement as far as the live Gould box is
concerned. The new European copyright restrictions which extends the ban
to re-release a recording by a second party will not be applied to
recordings before 1962 (if I remember correctly). This does not apply to
the US which has its own copyright laws.

The box you are referring to is the so called Goldberg Deluxe box which
was supposed to have been released last year but will not appear before
May this year. Unfortunately it does not contain any new material except
some alternative takes from the 1981 recording. I would have hoped for
video outtakes, but according to this contents list it does not. Let's
hope they've changed their mind...

http://www.sa-cd.net/showthread/88147//y?page=first

Regards,
Jorgen