[f_minor] Goldberg Variations and Fractals

Pat pzumst at bluewin.ch
Mon Aug 19 14:56:56 MDT 2013

Dear all

Mary just posted one offline topic, so can I. I apologize for blowing my own horn, but it was a lot of hard work and I want this to be seen...

I guess a majority of you guys are here because of GG’s recording of the Goldberg Variations. Well, so am I. Hit me right in the face, the most pleasant culture shock you can imagine – and an inspiration to check out what that “classical” music is all about.

To make a long story short, I found a recording of the Goldbergs that is in the Public Domain, added my fractal movies, made a DVD with permission of the pianist and here is the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4A4cO1lRIE&feature=c4-overview&list=UU14wm20bhJqPXe2j-o93ygg

This all would not have been possible if I had not heard GG play Bach some 20 years ago. I will frankly admit that GG is an invisible godfather behind all what you just have seen. And proof that GG still inspires people to create works of art these days. Yes, it may have nothing to do with him or the mailing list, but there is a tad bit of GG in there...if not in words then in spirit and inspiration.

P.