[f_minor] NOT OT (mentions GG's dislike for Charles Ives): All Ives concert 8 March New Haven CT

Robert Merkin bobmerk at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 26 15:15:33 MST 2014

For those who, like me, just can't get enough Charles Ives, this lively and excellent Orchestra New England's maestro, James Sinclair, is an old high school pal, and has blossomed into the Big Cheese of the Charles Ives Society. Besides the Night of Charles Ives, old Yalies may be lured by the chance to wallow in and around Alma Mater / New Haven CT USA.

Or musically, you just may crave Different. Charles Ives is/was Different. This will be a Night of Different. You may never go back to Bach or Beethoven again.

Our Canadian Master didn't play or like Ives, and didn't mind who knew it. If anybody has citations for GG's feelings about Ives, I've always wanted to read the details.

* * *

Orchestra New England
P.O. Box 200123
New Haven CT 06520-0123
USA

All Ives Concert
celebrating
Orchestra New England's
40th Birthday!

Ives expert James Sinclair shows how the Connecticut composer is supposed to be heard -- passion and fun!

Saturday March 8th 2014
Dinner at Graduate Club 6 pm
Concert at 8 pm, Battell Chapel
(corner of Elm and College Streets)

Call 203-777-4690 or visit
www.orchestranewengland.org

* * *

It's a bit of a winter schlep down the Interstate, but I'm seriously going to try to get there. Maestro Sinclair always puts on a great show.

Bob Merkin
Polar Vortex
Deep Hilltown Forest
Massachusetts USA