[f_minor] Concerto BMV 1061 / Katia and Marielle Labècque, harpsichords

maryellen jensen maryellenjensen28 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 11 14:45:34 MDT 2014

Gruess Gott "bobmerk",

I'm old enough to remember when John McLaughlin became "Vishnu John". Crikey, that seems a lifetime ago now... many, many Harvest moons ago.

A passing thought on the four hands at the keyboard: the polydactyl "star pianist" in a brief appearance in the film "Gattaca": 10 fingers, 2 thumbs. A link with a comment by "shaerens":

"This is a
very clever scene. The pianist is playing Schubert's impromptu in G
flat, only he's adding an additional melody that's not humanly possible
to play. It's then revealed that he has additional fingers to achieve
this. (It's still not possible though, the melody in the right hand is
played with the ring finger and the pinky, the chords with the other
fingers in the right hand. The additional melody is way too much of a
stretch)"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqdfmvFlnng

I've posted this elsewhere but Jehan (pronounced Jean) Alain deserves more exposure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgNxbXFihgg

Do read what you can of his family's history. Enjoy his music.

Mary