[f_minor] Farewell Glenn

maryellen jensen maryellenjensen28 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 4 12:26:27 MDT 2014

I do remember where, Anita. The second Goldberg was 'just out'. All over Manhattan, where I happened to be living at the time, Glenn Gould was to be seen leaning back dangerously in that director's chair, dressed in dark blue, a very GG smile on his face, in the window of every single record store (and there were plenty in NYC). Had he only known.

http://www.rockpaperphoto.com/glenn-gould-from-the-columbia-records-archive-24530

Forgive me but since most here already have huge collections of our Glenn Gould may I suggest a marvellous musical programme of the recently deceased Christopher Hogwood that will steal your heart away:

http://www.francemusique.fr/emission/les-vendredis-du-philhar/2014-2015/festival-d-automne-paris-luigi-nono-et-franz-liszt-10-03-2014-13-33

At least have a look at the musical programme.

(I always feel so bad for Bert Gould, Glenn Gould's father, who was faced with the unthinkable.)

Mary

date: Sat, 4 Oct 2014 09:33:59 -0400