[f_minor] That Beethoven 7th - let's call it a day

maryellen jensen maryellenjensen28 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 17 19:05:12 MST 2016

Dear Comrades, brothers and sisters, lurkers, Sony Reps etc etc

The ridiculous firestorm begun by some annoying entity (oh dear, I'm being HONEST/UNACCEPTABLE/DREADFUL again) calling him/herself "ksenia" who attaches more merchandise links to their moniker than any travelling caravan ever recorded throughout the history of commerce (far exceeding even the blatant indecency of any/every existing American tv channel) should come to it's end now.

 The 'fire extinguisher' is someone who you all used to know, who I still know, and love and respect, and who is to be trusted when others cannot be because this person is not intellectually lazy - this person is inherently astute and a musician. So here we go:

1) "That Beethoven 7th Allegretto is taken from this complete one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_videos?video_ids=w63DNd7ZCuY,VmW8zkEpFws,vKePu4Je7l4,HimgSm_X5vg,cIPhvR2EhEE

I've tried to find who is the performer some months ago but just found
nothing.  Also youtube doesn't recognize it. The only way is to ask to the
uploader but with this google+ shit is just impossible! wtf!"

2) "Ciao Mary,

found it! It's played by  Jean-Claude Pennetier: http://www.amazon.com/Beethoven-Symphony-Transcription-Jean-Claude-Pennetier/dp/B001ASULQY/ref=sr_1_25?ie=UTF8&qid=1455487384&sr=8-25&keywords=liszt+beethoven+7

There is no sample online since the CD is no longer
printed but I found an expired ebay auction showing an image of the
jacket with the exact durations and  they 100%
correspond:   http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTE2M1gxNjAw/z/OdkAAOSwgNRV8t3y/$_57.JPG

In any case it's a wonderful
performance.Cheers."

That should put it all to rest for "ksenia": my advice to you darling - sell your wares elsewhere, late night Los Angeles tv is a good start. There are plenty of "Gould" recordings on youtube which have nothing at all to do with Gould and just to give you a head's up, we here at FMinor have seen just about all of that shite so go peddle your pots and and on sone other Gould site.

What we true Gouldians would appreciate is a chance to hear the true, the real GG recordings we haven't yet heard. But that all depends on an enormous load of nonsense due to "anal collectors" and just how long
Sony can keep exploiting its remaining cataloque; and your access to Japanese vendors who have amazing catalogues for sale.

 I really want to thank all of you who came to my defense and expressed your own personal frustrations.(7 of your e-mails went into my 'junk box' because none of you respond to FMinor any longer!!). GG was a complicated man, as most of the best women and men in science and arts always have been. That doesn't mean they were 'saints' - rather the opposite really and it must have always been extraordinarily difficult for such gifted artists to support the buffers/pillars of Court and Church neither of which were all that respected by the hard labouring populous and just a simple reason to wash your hair on a Saturday night. I was raised a Lutheran in the USA. Jensen. The only thing I could abide in church on Sunday were Bach's hymns. Later on I had a Catholic friend and realized how much worse was the dearth she was going through - but she was obliged and ended up having had a certain need and blind acceptance of the mindless masochism of the Roman Catholic system. She accepted it as her duty, practically like a point of honour to be so degraded. She became a divorced alcoholic (with children), now in AA. She can't recite a single prayer in Latin, there were no songs for her to sing from her heart during any church festival.She had to wear a cover over her head in Cathedral. My My.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJLkjjtUb10

Glenn Gould gave me the finesse, the creativity and the genius of JS Bach which the Lutheran church denied me.

 Perhaps Matthew Harding won't thank me for this because it is on FMinor (not off line) - but I admire him enormously for all of his commitments (time and financial) to help alleviate the suffering of dreadfully ill and suffering fellow citzens in spite of all of his own familial and professional commitments. Matthew you are a mensch and people here on this Glenn Gould meeting site should be aware of it. I apologize if I have embarrassed you by pointing it out but it just might provide inspiration for others here to become involved in even the most modest way.

I hope this e-mail has provided some satisfaction and information...

Mary Jensen

 .