[f_minor] surprise

Pat pzumst at bluewin.ch
Thu Aug 12 13:40:19 MDT 2021

There is a poster that comes with it as well. The box weights a bloody ton
but definetly worth it. This is what I am used to from box sets in Rock and
Pop, Beatles, Pink Floyd etc. Outtakes, demos, alternate versions, lavish
booklets
... Sony has spolied us rotten on that occasion. I wonder if they
will do something like that for the 90th next year

What surprised me was that Gould knew exactly what he was doing in the
studio in terms of how he wanted to play. If memory serves me right then he
is experimenting/struggling with the Aria and Var. 25 a few times but other
than that when he is messing up he is messing up due to making mistakes. And
he does make mistakes, believe it or not
.

I have a question. That box comes with a replica of the original recording
which looks absolutely gorgeous. I would love to have that cover on a
t-shirt !
What irritated me was that it is a gatefold with the inscription A
high-fidelity recording designed and engineered by Columbia Sound
Laboratories (images on request).

Can someone confirm that they already had gatefolds in 1955 ?

Pat